Finally, based on your experience creating and building Redis, do you have any recommendations for other programmers?
- Don’t make things more complex than needed.
- Don’t be a perfectionist at all costs. “The perfect is the enemy of the good.” Don’t keep endlessly iterating in search of a perfection that users don’t even want: they want working systems now, not something more perfect later.
- Try to make incremental progress every day.
- Be the storyteller for the projects you work on.
- Love what you do. Success is a byproduct, not a goal you can reach directly, and may not happen at all. It’s important to enjoy the journey.